Period of the EOA module in 2020-2021
- August 31st– December 19th 2020
- 1 or 3 vocal students
In this module, the singer students explore how working in other venues and spaces than the opera theatre influence the music-dramatic expression. The students, together with a stage director, take an active part in deciding how to use the available spaces and how to place the audience in the chosen space.
The module contains singing lessons as well as musical interpretation sessions.
The students work on selected scenes with a stage director, and bring their work into the chosen venue, and stage a performance for a small audience. Recently the venue has been the “Reactor Hall” of the Stockholm institute of Technology, an exciting underground former nuclear reactor plant, now a cultural venue for the Institute of Technology.
The students will also explore how voice and architecture interact and create new auditive spaces for the performer and the audience.
The module will also include a concert in December, on stage at Hugoteatern, the studio theatre of the school.
Name(s) of the professor(s) of this module
- Patrick Söriing, Assistant professor of stage movement
- Christine Morgan, Assistant professor of musical interpretation
- Mareike Dobewall, director and stage designer, PhD candidate inOpera
ca. 120 hours
- seminars on aspects of opera as an artform and of the opera singer’s profession
We choose our EOA-students via recorded material. With the application we need recordings of sound and video.
- Sound: Wav or AIFF.
- Video: Mov or mp4
Description of final examination:
- Students are examined through the staged performance in the chosen space, through a second presentation in a new venue, through a concert and a subsequent reflective discussion in the group and individually
Teaching language/ Required level of language:
- Communication language: EN, level 5
Total expenses of the EOA module per student and what is included / excluded in this price:
- Against Swedish legislation to charge for public higher education, except for students outside of EES.